Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Long time lurker, just bought my first Upright today!

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Kerouac, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Many, many thanks to all of the GREAT advice given in this forum ('specially the NEWBIE links)!

After many hours of digging through all the posts (while ignoring both my job and my wife), I decided on a purchase. I picked up a Kay, and couldn't be happier. After playing slab for several years, I was getting bored.

So, Thanks again to all for the great resources! My first lesson is next Wednesday, and I'm counting the minutes.

2. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Welcome aboard, Kerouac. Speaking of which, what did Jack eat in the diner that was both "nutricious and delicious ?"

3. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Welcome to The Dark Side.

4. Way off topic, but I'm sure it was pie and ice cream. Right? And Tokay for dessert....

5. Welcome to TBDB Kerouac! Our beloved instrument is about the only thing I can think of as a reason to ignore wife and job! Who are you studying with out there in the Bay Area?

6. I'll be starting with Ari Munkres in El Sobrante, and see how it goes. He comes highly recommended on craigslist.org, and I'm hoping it works out. I have a few dyslexia issues, which in the past have made sight reading quite difficult, so I'm hoping to maybe work my way out of that hole.

Pie and Ice Cream.

7. Brent Norton

Brent Norton

Sep 26, 2003
    Detroit, MI
    Don't you mean "Sal," Don? :) And was it somewhere in the midwest where he noticed the "pie was larger, the ice cream creamier?"

Congrats on your purchase, Kerouac!