Long time no see...

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by ZonMan, Dec 10, 2002.

1. ZonMan

Sep 10, 2002
    Berkley, MI USA
    Hi, Michael!
    I just got on TalkBass recently, and just now stumbled across this forum. Reading all of these "just saw Manring last night" posts is really making me jealous! :D Being up here in Detroit, MI, we don't get to see very much of you. I saw you with Danny Heines in Grand Rapids well over a year ago. GR is on the other side of the state, but the drive was well worth it! Any chance we'll see you up here sometime soon?

I do count myself among the fortunate ones that got in to your music before Windham Hill made all of your older albums out of print. I haven't seen anyone mention Sadhappy's Good Day Bad Dream, which is a great disc! I'm glad that one is still in print for those who are looking for more of your recorded work. Are you working on a new solo album? I haven't seen any news or updates on Manthing.com in quite some time.

-Mike Gusway
    Member, Bub Club :D
    MikeG2112 on AOL
  2. ZonMan

Sep 10, 2002
    Berkley, MI USA
    :D I just read my own post and saw what I've been using as the signature for all of my TalkBass postings for the past couple months. You said this to the audience at a show with Michael Hedges back in 1994 just before you brought "your friend Mike" (me) up on stage to perform My Three Moons.

I know that Wolf (sound engineer, I think that was his name) was taping every show that tour, and I'd kill for a copy of that night's show! (Okay, okay... maybe not KILL, as I'm a pretty nonviolent kind of guy...)
  3. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Hi Mike,
    Good to hear from you! I'm sorry I haven't made it out that way recently. I am hard at work on another solo recording. I've been involved in many other projects lately too, so that's slowing things down a bit. Hopefully I can get a new disk out soon.
    Thanks for your interest!