Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Long time to hear my webpage tune...?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ZuluFunk, May 13, 2003.

Long time to load?

Poll closed May 23, 2003.
  1. Not too long

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pretty long

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I gave up

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    http://www.irmasquest.com/WFT/jzulu.htm

If you have the time...does it take anyone an excessive amount of time until you start to hear the tune on my bio page.

I'm woking on our page and I cen't get the formatting down.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    John, it took 2 minutes on cable. I pull @ 200kB/sec usually, so full 4 to 5 minute MP3s take me about the same time.

The text didn't apear till the wav file started playing. Great tune, definately worth the wait :bassist:

3. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks for the feedback. When I did it, I couldn't even hear myself playing...I ran directly from my bass to the Mic input on my computer, so I had no speaker. Just the strings.

It's a loop of three solos that I do, taken completely out of context.

My daughter was fighting for my attention so it came out much more rushed.

I'm going to run a clean version once I have a better set up and I'll probably shorten it.

We're converting the page this month to a new provider and the correct domain. We want to get more multi-media.

4. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    BTW...Spedding,

Can you send me a few of your MP3s?

I can't open up hosted MP3's where I am but I can get them as an e-mail.

5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Why in the world are you using a WAV file? Convert it to MP3 and it will be much, much smaller.

On DSL it's taking over a minute and no go yet.

6. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    I still can't figure out how to embed an MP3 into Frontpage. I don't do HTML and .wav files are the only option I see for backgrounds.

7. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I see what you are talking about. I just checked Frontpage 2000, and I did not see any choice for MP3 files. I did see a choice for Real Audio. That would be more compact than WAVs.

You could also check and see if you can convert to midi and retain most of your sound quality, If so, midi's there too.

8. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I take it back. I checked Microsoft's website and they do support MP3s. Look at this article.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297477

Good luck!

9. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
  10. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    John, what bass did you record that with? it sounds great!

I know about the attention thing, every time I try and run a track I get the Mrs's asking a question, phone ringing, dogs busting to go out, etc.

Thanks for the request... I sent you 4 total, a 2mb first, and right now a 6mb zip with 3 in it. I'm looking forward to hear what you think.

Is there going to be a Philly get together this summer? I'm hoping to make it this year if one happens!

11. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    '97 Thumb b/o-5, wenge neck, MEC's, active mode, 50/50 on the p'ups, highs and lows at zero, Smith medium Rock Master Steels.

Why don't you start a thread on the Philly TB Get Together. I'm so busy, I can't plan or host, but I may be able to show up.