1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Longer mounting screws for JAZZ Pickup ?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by lixisoft, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Hi all, does anyone know where I can find mounting screws for a jazz pickup that are longer than the standard ones. All the screws I have seen (and the ones I have are 1 1/4"). I have a jazz pickup that when adjusted for the height I want (closer to the strings), the 4 mounting screws no longer bite into the wood, they are too short. Looking for a cheap, fast and easy solution to raise my pickup and also keep it adjustable. All suggestions welcome..............thanks.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  2. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    try asking your local repair shop if they have any they'd sell you.

3. ASQTec

ASQTec Above Average

May 2, 2010
    DiMarzio has them in black and chrome. Give them a call.

4. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I'd be astonished if you couldn't go to your local ace hardware store with one of your screws and get some the same size but a 1/4" longer.

lz4005 likes this.
  5. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    i wouldn't.

it seems like most of the screws that show up in guitar stuff do not exist at the hardware store.

+1 to seeking out a repair guy, especially one at a busy guitar store; he'll likely have accumulated a sizable stash of all the various weird screws you're looking for. (i certainly have)