Longer ?? strings for semi acoustic bass

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by the low one, May 13, 2005.

1. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    I have an Ibanez AGB140 bass and the normal strings I use (Elites or Rotosound) on my P bass will fit but the tape wrapping at the neck end of the string comes over the nut. I think the best option is to use strings with no tape wrapping at the neck end such as the D'Addario which come with the bass from the factory.

What strings can you reccomend. I like the idea of trying flatwounds as well, can I get them without tape wrapping?
  2. If you want to stick with roundwounds, the Lakland strings would work great. They come in nickel versions, which would probably sound good on the bass you are talking about. The 5 string sets are extra long scale to take into account the 'through the body' style of the Lakland 5 strings (I believe the 4 string sets are also longer scale), so the windings are not a problem. They are also about $7 less expensive than most other strings. They can be purchased direct from the Lakland site.

If you want to go flatwound, the Labella Deep Talking Bass strings come in an extra long tape wound version that sound very organic