Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Longest Song You Listen To Regularly

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by invisiman, Sep 3, 2004.

1. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Title should be pretty self explanatory, just tell us the longest song on your playlist and shall be well in the mystical land of elves.

The longest song I listen to regularly is Dream Theaters Change of Seasons at 23:09. The longest song I have is Devil Dolls Dies Irae at 47:01.

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I just finished listening to john maclaughlin's "the wish" 18:48, there's also "chandrakhauns" from the same album that is 33:36, I really like that one, and listen to it often.

and there is metamusic which ranges from 30 to 60 minutes long, ambient stuff, good for sleeping or sitting around at night.

those are the longest, the other long song I listen to a lot is jaco's "reza"

3. "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" Marvin Gaye and Tami Terrell 2:30

4. Longest track on my playlist is actually an original from a prog band I was in, clocking in at 23:50.

Rounding out the podium is DT's 'A Change of Seasons' 23:08 and Rush's '2112' at 20:37.

5. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Longest song that's currently in heavy rotation for me is Meshuggah's I ep. One song that's 21 minutes long.

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    lots in the half hour range, like Hellborg's Temporal analouges of Paradise....

7. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Right on, i've been listening to that live album for months now...it's great stuff. I just heard the new lineup sans Shawn Lane(R.I.P) is a Hellborg/Sipe/ And a basoonist! lol

8. Sonic Youth-The Diamond Sea

a good 6 minutes of actually structered music. 18 minutes of free form jam.

9. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Seconded!

10. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Phish's You Enjoy Myself - usually up around a half hour. There are composed sections and open parts which make it different everytime.

11. Warwick player

Warwick player

Dec 31, 2002
    Bucks, UK
    10 mins to 30 mins, depending on how long the jam in the middle lasts for. We worked out after about 20 mins of jamming people become bored so we try to keep it below 10 mins but its hard!!

12. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    it's gotta be something by the grateful dead :rolleyes:
    i like it though.........

13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    +3. That ep is excellent.

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Cicatriz Esp - The Mars Volta

12:36 or something.

15. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Pink Floyd - Echoes (22 mins), Shine on you Crazy Diamond Parts 1-7 (about 19 mins I believe)
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Providence (29 minutes)
    Led Zep - In My Time of Dying (11 minutes)

16. Achilles Last Stand, not the longest song I normally listen to, but one that could be an hour long, and be that more badass.

17. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS

Nice. That whole album kills, but that is hands down my favorite song.

18. Starless from King Crimson. About 12:30.

19. Dave Matthews Band - Number 41 with Bela Fleck and The Flecktones from 4.20.2002 - 34 minutes

20. YES! I love that song.