Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Longest thread?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by patrickroberts, Apr 26, 2001.

1. patrickroberts

patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    Who has put the longest thread in Talkbass, i think it may be mine about the Greatest Rock Bassist........dont want to sound too self-obsessed

2. I think it was the "ultimate humiliation for princess barbie" thread. 300 some posts.

3. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    That "Favourite Rock Bassist" thread is truely a monster - I remember replying to it back in about October or November, and I'm still getting emails to inform me that people are replying to it.

4. Rickenbacker i think will go down in history as the largest thread that will not die. GothBarbie will fade, FRB is huge and still growing. The Ric bass is at 275 and still growing slow and steady.

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    the thread about "show your bass" was over 12 pages long before it was closed - which i don't remember why.

6. I don't have any threads that are anywhere near the longest thread catagory but first my post was about bass cabs and I thought that few people would reply, but it's gotten quiet big.

7. nope.. it was my thread... it was I think 17 pages! it was the show pics of your bass thread.. but it had to be shut down! :(

8. Mr. X

Mr. X

Mar 29, 2001
    USA
    Why?

9. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Theres a thread on one of the Drag Racing sites that I visit that(as of 4-26) has 650 replies and is 45 pages long.Still going strong,usually gets 5-10 replies a day.

I realize this has absolutely nothing to do with Bass,its just interesting how long the thread is.

10. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Longest I remember seeing is either the immortal, "Can I Decorate It?" by Goth Barbie or the classic, "Why Do People Play With SWR's and Ampegs?" (something close to that).

I picked up on the "SWR..." thread when I came aboard at the beginning of last Nov. and I was still getting notifications of responses in my Inbox after Christmas.

The ones that really pique my interest are when a thread that has been dead since the Vietnam War is picked up all of the sudden by a newbie. It happens periodically,,, (Umm, I don't think anyone really cares anymore?)

11. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    The longest running thread, as far as I know, is the one that's simply titled "Rickenbacker", located in the "basses" Forum.

...not that the staying power of a thread has anything to do with how good it is...

Will C.:cool:

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, well, the Big Bear Lesbian thread would've eclipsed them all, if not for our freedom of speech being usurped by some censor (and JWC's homophobia).

13. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i, censor!!

bow before me!

i control what you see, what you say! i have the power!

14. TheFrizzleFry

TheFrizzleFry Guest

Nov 21, 2000
    Stinktown, Pa, USA
    Mine was the "Poor Fieldy" thread. It ended up being about 6 pages. I think they shut it down because it was a really stupid thread that just went on and on for some reason. Oh well.

15. the stupid what fx does sam rivers use thread got old pretty quick, it is the longest one i've posted on.

16. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    The biggest post pics thread was 20/21 pages on the old board, so that and the Rickenbacker thread are the winners.

17. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    yeah i remember that one...
    then many "copies" of it spawned

it got lost in many messages..

then threads about "show us your bass (no messages)" appeared...

:)

18. exactly... and those ended up with the messages in them anywho! hehe bastards! My thread even had JT's rick's! ahhhhhhhhhh

19. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

My thread "How high do you wear your bass?" has proven to be very popular: 139 replies, 2672 visits and 6 pages long at this time. Maybe not the longest one, but anyway i think it's a good input. :)