Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Longest you have been without a date?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Mar 22, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

If you care to share please do.

2. well i am 20 now and have only had one real girlfriend (a year and counting) and i wasnt really ever into the whole dating thing so i guess i could say about 19 years hehe

now one night stands, thats a different story :bag:

3. Since commencement of dating when I was 15, I would say the longest would be around 2 months.

Leigh

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    well, there was this time I was married for about 8 years..... :eek:

5. i dont think you can really "date" when you are 15

6. You go out to movies, you go out to dinner...just because its somewhere cheap and not a decent restaurant doesn't change that. I was with the same girl from 15 (on and off, with others in between) up until a few months back. I don't see why that isn't dating - or, once you commence being in a relationship with someone, does that suddenly mean you're no longer "dating" them?

Leigh

7. well IMO i think when you are 15, or atleast in my expereance any time spent with a girl was very casual and more "seeing" one another it wasnt regularly ongoing. however once you commence being in a relationship i agree with you you are still dating them, actually i dont think you ever really stop dating them, i know once im married my wife is still going to be my girlfriend as well, i plan to treat her pretty much the same, still take her out and still suprise her once and a while

edit: when you are 15 what are you doing with this "date" that you wouldnt do with any other female friend?

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    About a year, give or take.

Ray

9. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Thirteen years now. But I'm married, so it's okay.

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Shoot...4, 5 years?

Sometimes it feels like I can count the days, but most times it never really occurs to me.

11. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I think I've been on 4 or 5 in the past two years. Dang school, work, and band keeping me too busy. I don't have the energy or patience to try and date anyone right now.

12. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    Little over a year now, but I'm working on fixing that right now. I just haven't had the need to spend money on someone else ;)

I've had some big changes in the past year growing up and all that so I think I'm about ready to go again.

13. after a gnarly 5 year relationship and a painful breakup (i was then 24) i went 3 long years without even a hint of female companionship.. rough man.. gained a ton of weight got real depressed... not good... i tell ya i'm glad that crap is over !! :D

play music.. keeps you busy and not thinkin yerself into a hole while you ain't gettin any!! :p

14. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    from the age of 0 to 14.

15. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    Unfortunately, I can top that. This week it will be 20 years and 1 month :(.

16. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    haha :p

i meant, i was only without a date or the prospect of a date until i was 14.

17. Now she carries around a stick to fight off the boys looking for dates. :p

18. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    Yeah, I know, I was just using that idea to humorously describe my pathetic life...

19. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Dude, that's so emo. ;) :D

About a year for me. Give or take.

20. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Oh, I'm there. A brief stint in my freshman year was all that is keeping that "4-5" from being "21 in August."