1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Longhorn bass dimensions/guitar gig bag

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Luke Lacko, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Luke Lacko

Luke Lacko

Mar 13, 2021
    I've been looking recently to get a danelectro longhorn bass. I've been needing something light and small to take with me on the plane and in the car, my long scale basses are too heavy to lug around whenever I take trips to Arizona. Does anyone know the length of longhorn basses from bottom strap button to the top of the headstock? I was wondering if it would be shorter than an SG guitar and less wide. I have a nice guitar gig bag I use with an SG guitar that I want to use with a longhorn. Does anyone else use a guitar gig bag with their longhorn bass?

2. Mine measures 39 1/2" tip to tail, as accurately as I could measure it. It lives in a standard size guitar hard case and it's a near perfect fit.

JimmyM likes this.
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    I got 39 1/2" for length on mine, too. Body's 13 1/2" at its widest. Longhorns may seem built flimsy, but I used to check mine in a padded gig bag inside of an SKB Roto Case as well as carrying it on occasionally in said gig bag.

Get something with good to great padding and keep people from throwing their 100 lb carryon on top of it and it should be fine for flying.

4. msb

msb

Jul 3, 2002
    Halifax,N,S. Canada
    I picked up a brand new leather Levy guitar bag on kijiji for a good price . The bag is worth more than the Dano , but it fits perfectly .

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021