1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Longhorn on the way, I want to put roundwounds on it

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Stinsok, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I did indeed search and read every thread with Longhorn in it. I have been looking into short scale bass strings. I do not beleive .105's will work on those small tuner post on the Danelectro (or will they?) Anyway, can someone let me know what works properly with this bass?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    longhorns with medium/heavy strings: wrong. get a 40-95 set. they're just not made for thicker strings imho.

3. Mine had no problem with .40-.100 or .45-.95 sets. Of course they have a new manufacturer and they might be different. Mine sounded evil with a set of Prisms, but since they do not make them anymore, a set of Pro Steels will do just fine.

4. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Rotosound swing 66 in light gauge as one very good option imo. 40-95 or 35-90 if wanting even lighter.