look at my cool picture i drew of a bass

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stanley Design, May 10, 2003.

1. ok well heres a picture of a six string fretless bass i drew the other day in math class. ide like you guys to use your mad photoshopping skills to make it look awesome or something, make cool pictures or just make it look more....presentable, i may decide to build this bass on my own someday an would be cool i i had a better drawing, anyways, thanks for the help in the other post, my computer has crappy software and ended up using my parents computer to do it, im going to delete that post as well, anyway, heres my picture, enjoy[​IMG]
  2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    why are you going to build a bass with no knobs and no output jack?;)

3. dam you:meh: lol, i didnt notice, you guys can do that stuff:D
  4. bluefishgd

Oct 26, 2002
    Rhode Island
    that picture sucks ass
  5. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    :eek: Feel like a better person now that you got that off your chest?
  6. yeah that always boosts a persons self confidence when people just kinda show up say something sucks that they worked hard on and enjoy(ed) :(
  7. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Todd: You liked the picture, screw everyone else.
  8. thanks woodchuck, but im not in the greatest of moods now, that just kind of ruined my day, i thought talkbass would be the last place i would ever be ridiculed for expressing myself:meh: im going to go for a walk in the rain or something, i might come back on later tonight, probaly will.
  9. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Don't let some dingus, that I doubt anyone has heard of with all 6 of his posts, get you down. Like woodchuck said, it's your bass, your picture. If you like, screw everyone else.

I looked at bluefish's profile, and looked at the 6 posts he's made, and one of them after a dumb comment was "dissregard my last comment, i was on something at the time", so maybe he was on something again :rolleyes:
  10. yeah man. he has no life, comes here to tb, and just likes to ridicule others. i used to be the same way, but then i pulled my head out of my ass.

he is probably a 13 year old kid that just got a bass for his birthday or something, and wants to come here and tell everybody how much of an aficianado he is.:rolleyes:

*and that picture is way better than i could ever draw without spending more than a week on.:meh:

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Better than I can draw....I'm serious, I can't draw for crap.

I think that the picture is really good, the neck and bridge and pickups are very well done.

the only comments I have, is, it looks like you rushed the body and head stock a little.

also the saddles on the bridge for hte B and E strings are higher up than the rest...seems like they should be the other way around...to get more tightness and stuff...but I don't know.

good job todd
  12. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    sweet! another person who draws basses in math! Math is IMO the greatest class to get some good drawing time in.

No intention of hijacking the thread, or bragging for that matter, but here's a picture I drew in math.....you can even see the homework showing through! It wasn't meant to look like me when I started it, but many people agree it looks just like me......except without a face.....and I hang my bass a lot higher now.

about the subject of this thread: I agree the neck, bridge etc. are pretty good, and no offense or anything, but the body and head do look a bit awkward. I think you should keep on working on that design a bit before you decide to make it yourself.
  13. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Cool pic! Is that a Tube Screamer on the floor? :)
  14. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

You need to do something about tuners.
    Pegs don't get in line with the strings. It's never a good idea to bend strings like that.
  15. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    actually no, its my Boss overdrive pedal, but close enough!

I felt the vibe of the pic was something along the lines of "rawkin' out" so I had to include some distortion. \m/ :D \m/
  16. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm sure a spalted maple top will make you feel better :).

17. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
  18. heheh. killdar. foil method. heheh.
  19. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Not be ridiculed?

Heh... go read my threads. I get flamed constantly... oh well...