Look at my new Toy!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AMJBASS, Mar 18, 2002.

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I have been looking for a small combo for smaller Funk and Jazz gigs, and I think I found the perfect one! I went to my local music store, and low and behold an Ashdown C110-300!

It is a single 10" combo, with Ashdown's 300 watt Bass Magnifier head built in! It's sound ranges from a Funky snap, to a smooth warm tone. It is incredibly versatile, and incredibly loud! I did not think a 10" could handle this much power, but it does. I added on my Aguilar GS210 cab, and I was completely blown away! I did not think a combo could have this much power. The tone is amazing, and I could not be happier!:D

Oh ya....the Sub Harmonizer is especially cool! It makes the amp sound huge!:D
  2. theJello

Apr 12, 2000
    How much does it weigh?
    Looks nice.

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    The Ashdown weighs about 50lbs. It isn't too light, but the amount of air it can push compensates nicely!:D
  4. TheListPunk

TheListPunk Guest

Feb 2, 2002
    Topeka, Kansas
    How much did that hog cost?

is looking for a new rig
  5. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    300 W in a 10" combo????????

wow!!!!!!! that should be a titanium driver:D :confused:
  6. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Man that is exactly what i have been searching fore over the last year.
    2 things
    How much?
    What country are you in (Exchange rate :D)?
    Looks like you gonna have your self some fun with that baby...congrats man..!!
  7. SWEET!! Don't you love getting just the right piece of gear? I need a little combo...

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    The combo lists at around $1300 US, so it wasn't cheap by a long shot! I know the owner of my local music store pretty good, so I got a really good deal.

The speaker is a Celestion. I wouldn't be the first one to choose it for this amp, but it seems to work great. I was thinking about putting an Eminence Delta 300 watt 10" in, and see if I can get it to handle a low B better. The funny thing is, I can use my low B at gigging volume(well... to a point!), without much problem!?!

There are a couple of other features I haven't mentioned yet. You can vary the pre-amp from FET solid state, to 12AX7, and blend the 2 together. I find the Solid State to be unbelievably warm though. When you crank the knob all the way to Grind(using the 12AX7 only), and boost the input gain, you can get a really smooth SVT like crunch.
  9. Wow - that's pretty neat.

must... fight... GAS...
  10. meridith

meridith Guest

Mar 17, 2002
    clinton twp michigan
    looks like it would be fun!
  11. looks good!

I went out today and got my self an ashdown mag monitor 12.. that's one 12" combo with mag 200watt head.. I like it!