1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

look at this, oh wow

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Soma666, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Thanks for the link man, I've always wanted to check this guy out.

2. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Oh yes, Vic is the king. Wrong forum, however, but Vic is amazing all the same!

3. All I saw was a guy holding a fodera.

4. joebingo

joebingo

Aug 23, 2006
    London, UK
    i can play most of that...

badly :rolleyes:

not the crazyness at the beginning... as soon as amazing grace kicks in though, i'm able to play along.

wait just got further. cant to that ridiculously fast stuff at about 3:40 until the main theme of amazing grace comes back in

5. goes to show you can do amazing things on a 4 string

I once saw Bela Fleck and the Flecktones in college
    amazing live band
    Victor would swing his bass around him on his strap
    and I thought he was brave I could never do that Im too paranoid
    plays a mean cello too

6. andinapalm

andinapalm

Nov 14, 2006
    Finland
    Well... It sounds kinda cool when he is actually playing the instrument. Most of the time he is only showing off... Those hyperspeed messy tapslappoppedybops and such don't really sound so good. But hey, that's only my opinion...

7. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    I'm with you on this one....

8. puff father

puff father Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    Vic is truly awesome. I like when he plays the more melodic stuff too. I think he does the fancy stuff because it's such a crowd pleaser and it's probably easier for him to play.

I saw the Flecktones very early (right after they had their big hit "Sinister Minister"). Vic's solo was incredible. He did the flash but he also did more chord melody/ classical/ Beatles... etc. Twenty minute solo while the rest of the boys took a smoke break.

Good stuff.

:bassist:

9. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, I saw them a few years ago and he was the first I ever saw do that stunt. He did it several times, and the last time he did it, he twirled himself around and the bass stayed put. Pretty snazzy.