1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Look at what popped up on Musician's Friend...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Spencer!, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
    Seems the new Epifani amps may see the light of day pretty soon.

PS400

PS1000

They certainly look way better than the NAMM prototypes. I can't see them selling too many of the PS400's at that price though.

2. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    The 400 looks like (to me) a good (yet expensive) back up head.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    $700 for a backup head? OK ;)

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Mine's a WW Ultra.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    You're totally hyper-elite. You don't count.

6. That 1000 looks pretty cool. A few of us have suggested to Nick that a single channel 902 (single pre channel and single power amp with the nice lightweight SMPS) might be a very good seller at a competitive price point, and it pretty much looks like that's what the 1000 is. And, at $999, that's a great price for a 1000 watt into 4ohm head that is lightweight. The specs line up favorable with the Markbass SD800. Nice!

I agree, the size and price of the 400, along with the low wattage compared to even the micro heads makes that a weak offering.

7. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, La Bella Strings, and 64 Audio IEMs
    That PS1000 looks great! I'd be interested in getting it as another option with my 410UL along with the LMII.

IMO, if it is the same pre as the PS600, it pretty much will kill the UL502 - I can't see too many guys paying $1600 for a 600 watt amp when they can now pay $1000 for a 1000 watt amp that weighs less. The only real benefit of the UL502 seems to be the dual channels.

8. It looks like the pre is identical to the PS600. I agree. I would not be surprised to see the 502 and 902 drop out of the line-up.