Look..did Korean Squier bullet 1 basses have plywood bodies or not?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Andy Daventry, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Well?

Here's a description...

<blockquote>The body is slightly undersized P shape, finished in opaque red. The pickguard is white/black/ white. Bent metal bridge. Tinny little strap buttons that have to go. Ritchie Blackmore's hat style control knobs (white). Pup is a standard P shape.

Neck is reminiscent of a '62 RI P bass...thinner but wider than modern P bass necks. Headstock, which is strat rather than tele shaped, has Squier bullet bass written in thickish block letters, a bit like the TV logo, over a star with the number 1 written in the middle. "Made in Korea" is written under the logo.

Serial is E447*** (I really can't recall the last three numbers) lightly stamped on the neck plate.
    The reason the bass intrigues me is that it has a powerful, open sound despite the lousy pickup (very noisy). With good pups, it's going to sound nice.
  2. Go on....soemone must know...
  3. Please?? I mean we have 34,000 bass players here. God knows how many Bullets were made. Some one MUST have taken one to pieces sometime...
  4. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I dont know... but I'm bumping this thread to the front of the line because I'd like to know too.
  5. I'll be the first to offer a half educated opinion. I'm only about 75% sure that they DID use plywood bodies in the Korean Bullets but the Japanese versions were solid wood of some sort.
  6. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    This probably doesn't help, but I bought a Squire Bullet Bass back in 85' or 86' and the body is a nice solid piece of wood, I don't know what type of wood it is but it's solid.
    I always thought mine was not a Japanese model, maybe it is.
  7. ElKabong

Apr 16, 2009
    Yes My 80's Korean Bullet guitar (tele neck) has a plywood body.
  8. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    holy $hit zombie thread
  9. mndean

Mar 20, 2009
    Zombie thread though this be, the answer's yes, it's plywood. Found out on mine last week.
  10. WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Look, does it take 6 years to get an answer to a post or what!?

11. mndean

Mar 20, 2009
    Woody, that's because AFAICT there aren't that many of these basses around. I mean, how many have you seen? I've seen maybe three on the internet (I don't search ebay regularly, so I have no idea about how many show up there). I only got mine because it sounded great, was in great shape, cheap, w/a good Fender P-bass HSC. Neck's a bit much for me but (verry) slowly I'm adapting.