1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Look like a good deal - Fender content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by purfektstranger, Mar 3, 2008.

1. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
  2. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    387 feedback score and he doesn't have the "capability" to send pics?!?

Sounds like b.s. to me.

3. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Not at all....look at all of his recent auctions ( some of which were basses ). No pics in any of them.

4. tanslacks

tanslacks Supporting Member

Bottom line.......

No pics.....

No bass!!!

5. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    Many of us used 20% coupons from Musicians Friend to buy the new 2008 American Standard P or J bass for $880. (That's probably why they're backordered. :crying:) So this guy's price is in line with that.

SPECULATION, NOT TRUTH: Maybe he ordered two basses and liked one better than the other. Maybe the bass he is selling is the one with a dead spot in the neck. Maybe the bass he is selling has slightly worse fit & finish than the one he is keeping. Or maybe he never bought two basses in the first place, just this one - and there is something he doesn't like about it.

Or maybe he DID buy two identical (except for the finish) basses and it is equal in every way to the one he is keeping and his wife DID make him sell one.

That's the risk of buying from ebay.

ONCE AGAIN: I am NOT accusing anyone of any misrepresentation whatsoever. I am merely suggesting things that CAN go wrong when you buy something sight unseen from ebay.

AND OTHER DISCLAIMERS: IMHO, YMMV, etc.

6. MyUsernameHere

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Its not that he doesn't have pics in the auction. He says he can't send any pics...I take that as he won't e-mail you any. Could just be a sloppy ad on his part, but if that's the case I find it pretty shady.

7. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Actually that's true, although perhaps the guy is older and can't be bothered. Nonetheless in the true spirit of being a TB er I have emailed him to find out what gives with the lack of any pics.

8. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    I have bought lots of stuff, some of it expensive, off eBay. I will continue to buy stuff off eBay in the future. I have been burned a couple of times, but I have always been lucky enough to get my money back. I expect that string to end the next time I get burned.

That being said, it's still Caveat Emptor. (look it up.)

There is something that doesn't make me feel right about this ad. I would hesitate to buy this bass.

ONCE AGAIN: This is just my opinion based on past experience. I have no facts whatsoever about this particular auction.

Why don't you send the seller an email and ask him how he came to be in the position of selling all the "as new" basses he has sold on ebay? I would.

Good luck, whichever way you decide to proceed.

9. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Too late! Anyone here scoop it up??

10. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
  11. MyUsernameHere

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    He ever answerer you about the pics?

12. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    No answer but I did email him to find out why it was relisted. He said it was worth more than the original listing at 859 (not an answer to my question) but added he would honour the original listing price if I was interested. I have emailed him back and asked again why the bass was relisted and why arent there any photos.