Look ma! No Wires!!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Barfly, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    I am now officially wireless on stage. I've been using a Samson AirLine Bass for a few months now and recently grabbed a Shure wireless headset mic.

Nothin' beats not being subjected to getting tangled on stage, worrying about how far you can wander about or missing a backing vocal 'cos you can't get to the mic in time.

Just keep the batteries up, check your signals are clear, and off you go!

Check out some live footage in the media section of our website, www.defleppard.ca
  2. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I dub thee the wondering bassist.

3. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    So is your mic always on then? I've always wondered about those for backup singers since I figured you'd hear a whole bunch breathing and them humming parts or something when they weren't singing :D
  4. Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Yeah, the mic is always on. LOL!!! Funny, we played last nght and my drummer, who has the same unit I have but wired, was saying that the first time he rented one, he heard all this weird noise in his monitor...it was himself, humming along to the tune!

You just have be careful and, seeing as I sing on every single song with either band, it has to stay on.
  5. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I remember the first show my band did with my wireless...it was a battle of the bands at this huge auditorium. There were sets of stairs on the extreme left and right of the stage that went to the floor. During the intro of one song I ran down one set up through the aisle(there were chairs, but a lot of standing room in front of the stage) and behind the last row of seats before the upper part of the room, then back down the other aisle and onto the stage again. I had no dropouts and the crowd loved it. Congrats on the new wireless.