Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LOOK!!! My Ultimage Rig Thread

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rockstarbassist, Aug 4, 2005.

1. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Got bored last night, being the insomniac that I am and busted out 'ol Photoshop and chopped up some stuff that I'd want in an ultimate rig... Whatcha think? :cool:

[​IMG]

List:
    Furman PL-8 power conditioner
    Demeter HXC-1 optical compressor
    Coleman Audio GT6 switcher (6 in, 4 out)
    Demeter VTBP-201s (2x)
    SansAmp RBI
    Lexicon multi-effect (only if it'll truly replace my trusty Boss effects!)
    Crest CA-9 power amp

Schroeder 21012
    Schroeder 1210

Got basses too, but that's for another forum... :p

Enjoy!! :hyper: :hyper: :bassist:

2. softscrubmonkey

softscrubmonkey

Nov 19, 2004
    St. Louis
    if i knew what half of that stuff was ide probably say thats sweet :smug:

3. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
  4. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
  5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    very cool rig,

but why two Dem's?

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

One Dem for mellow tone, another Dem for sparkle. The RBI can be switched in and out for grit. Just a guess.

Excellent rig, though! I have four-space and six-space rack rigs. It would be fun to have all my crap in one rig and switch between modules rather than, say, choosing between Ampeg SVP-Pro and Read Purity.

7. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX

You're exactly right! I'd have each pre in a separate channel switchable channel on the Coleman, but then also would need something (which I can't exactly find) that would be able to switch the channels in and out on the power amp. But by the time if and when I'd actually get half this stuff, I could find something. :)

And actually they're all together just for illustration purposes. I'd have the Crest in it's own 2-space, then all the rest either in a castered-up 10-space shock rack, or put the pre's in a separate rig with the FX 'n stuff in another. :)

I just think it'd be fun to bring to gigs. :) Have your guitarist in tears before even getting in the door. It'd be almost too loud before even plugging it in! :D

8. Jorge

Jorge

Jul 6, 2005

to switch between power amp channels, look for an A/B style switch. Loooper.com could figure something out for you

9. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Very nice! :bassist:
    To cut down on weight, I'd put the CA9 in it's own rack too. :cool:

- Art

10. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    I once saw a picture of the space shuttle's cockpit and it looked something like that.

11. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX

Yeah I'm sure they could, and they'd be my first call. I just wanted to make sure their boxes could handle the high current outputs from a pre to a power amp. I have my lil single red Loooper and it's great for my instrument and pedals, but not sure if it'd perform at the same level when used in that application. Maybe they could draw up something with different internals to handle the signal load.

Anyhow, I was watching some DMB DVD's today, and this rack is like 1/3rd of Stefan's. :cool: Granted I'm not him and playing for 20,000+ people a night, but still... That guy had/has it goin' ON! (although I read on the website he's really toned down the rig for the current tour).

I think my next buy out of that list is going to be the compressor. I like at least having some compression on my sound, and when you get a GOOD one, like that Demeter or a higher end dbx, it makes all the difference.