Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Look out, John! I'm coming!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by furtim, Jan 2, 2001.

1. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    My new Fender Jazz Fretless comes tommorrow. Look out, John. Soon my collection will rival yours, if not in overall value or individual quality, then in sheer quantity of basses. As we all know, quantity is better than quality! ;)

Hehehe. I'll have a full report on the bass once I get to put it through its paces. I know you're all looking forward to that. :D

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    actually, i think brad has more basses than i do. though not more strings worth :D

3. heh heh!

I too believe in quantity - I own 40 (yup, FORTY) basses!

Mwaaaaaaahahahahahah!

Happy New Year!

Nick (nut!)

4. 40 BASSES?!!!!!!!!!! Geez!!!! Hell, all my equipment (including basses, guitars, amps, and keyboard) don't equal one of John's basses!

5. 40 BASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man that is a lot. I wouldn't mind having 40 basses. I'm trying to get my second.

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    JT, we are truly pikers;)

7. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    Hell, I've got some work to do. ;)

By the way, the bass didn't get shipping until today, so I won't have it until tommorrow afternoon (Wednesday). What a bummer! :(

8. Bloody hell! My wife goes crook 'cos I've got six!

9. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yep, it's time i got my nose to the grindstone - i've got only about 1/3 that many (of 40). :D

10. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    I've got ALOT of catching-up to do. Those bloody fools at zZounds.com are taking their sweet time with my order... as far as I know, it hasn't even left their warehouse yet!

That's just damned irresponsible, considering I placed my order on Sunday. Ain't no way they're seeing another penny from me after this...

Which is a shame, since they're the only retailer I've found with Fretless basses (of ANY make or model) in stock.

11. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Nick - you now have to post photos of all your basses...it's kind of like a tradition on this board! ;) Preferably several times!

12. cheers Bruce!

Firstly, I need a big enough venue to put them (they are all over the place!) and then I'm gonna need a wide angle lens!!

How does one post pics?

Did your package arrive???

All the bass!

Nick

13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Yes the package did arrive - lots of very nice photos. Thank you very much! I'm not sure which I prefer of the basses, I'm still looking and thinking.

To post photos, they have to exist on a server on the internet somewhere already - I use http://www.photopoint.com ,which is free. Then you just have to put the address for the photos inbetween two lots of img within square brackets, the second with a "/" before the img - within the post - as I did with the pics of the Status basses.

Like this :

[​IMG]

[Edited by Bruce Lindfield on 01-05-2001 at 10:36 AM]

14. Thanks Bruce!

Glad you like the basses! Don't forget, if there's a shape you have in your head, we can build it!

I have just joined up Photopoint! So, I hope I can get some of my stuff online!

Best Regards!

Nick

15. 40?!!?

Bass hoarder!!! :D :D :D

16. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    It finally came yesterday! My God, it feels good to go fretless... I don't know how I ever survived with those nasty metal things getting between me and my instrument! :D

I'm quite pleased with the results of the shipping. Right out of the box, the intonation and action were great, and all the parts seem to be absolute top quality for a MIM bass. I guess I lucked out twice in a row. ;)

It's just too bad I don't have any pictures of it yet... the Midnite Wine is absolutely STUNNING!

17. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    congrats furtim! don't ya just love new gear! :D

18. Hmm what are your strings made of, rubber? :D Nah just kidding, I'd love to get a fretless.