Look over my rig idea and give your input

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CzarMike, Sep 8, 2002.

1. My amplifier blew today, after months of wierd power changes, I knew this was coming. I currently own the following equipment:
    Sansamp DI
    Boss LMB limiter enhancer pedal (compression)
    Eden style 4x10 cab (nice eminence speakers)
    Acoustic 2x15 cab (need to trade for a good 1x15 or 1x18)

I am planning on just getting a power amp this time. The Carvin DCM1500 is my choice so far. Will the sansamp work well, or is it a better idea to go ahead and buy a nice preamp (i'm low on money, so I'd like to be able to use the sansamp, but not if it will make my sound the "cheap way out")

So the rig would go: Pbass-sansamp-power amp-speakers, will this work good?

I play rock bass (Fender P's, J's and PJ's), and I need to get my sound finally stable and reliable. I would like the input of pros on this so please voice your opinions.
    Thanks a billion,
  2. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    when i was waiting on my rack preamp to arrive, I tried using my sansamp BDDI.. and while it sounded decent tone wise... it lacked sufficent lowend and volume.. When i went through my combo amp, the volume and low end was there..

So I would suggest getting a preamp as well.. a peavey max would suit you fine

I have the carvin DCM1500 and it works great
  3. I would recommend a preamp between the sansamp and the power amp.
  4. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    .... like an Ampeg SVP Pro tube preamp!! You can pick those up for under 400 used,, check ebay and bassgear.com