Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Look up whore in the dictionary, and my picture is there. (New Bass w/ pics)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by i like tictacs, Jan 11, 2006.

1. preliminary shaky photo, more coming tomorrow when i feel like putting this thing down. Just got the five string today. Needless to say I love these basses, and this color combination. Ohhh man they play so amazing and sound even better. bartolini NTBT system. Delish!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jake_tim

jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    skank.

3. irjason

irjason Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Is the 4 or the 5 the new one? Those are nice basses. Congrats.

4. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    Where's the Lane Poor? :p

the 5 is new to him.

5. boy would that suck is someone opened the door as that pic was being taken....

6. Fortunately, the door seems to open to the other way...;)

7. Bahaha. I would be there to catch my babies. As jus said, the five is new. I should have clarified. oh well.

8. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    Nice lookin pair..

9. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    You got a nice set there. I can't see having two of almost the same bass (Ive never played those basses before, but I LOVE Quantums), but congrats.

10. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

One's a four, the other's a five. Even if both were identical: the man knows what he likes, and wouldn't have to settle for second best if he had to use his backup. :p

Anyway, they're beauties. I love bass-ic black!

11. Very cool pair! Stefan would be proud. :)

12. BigTopBruno

BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    sweet....how's that B string?

It's interesting that both have the hipshot B bridge..(correct?) ....why do I remeber BAII on Fleas?...

13. That was the thing. I tried to own the one flea four and a different fice string (Brice/SX, Warwick, I had a musicman in my possession for awhile also) and none of them did it for me. The only bass I've held onto for more than a year was the Flea four, and I figure, it's been that long, might as well get another one because i wouldn't be satisfied any other way it seems :meh:

:hyper:

14. They are sharp as...as...something extremely sharp in the looks department. Simplicity is king, although I do love me some good walnut.

15. That's the thing. I got my first flea without playing a flea before, only quantums. But I absolutely loved Stefan's tone, and nothing got me close, So I took the plunge and ordered a flea. Fell in love with the thing, and I don't blame him for owning all those moduli. He knows what's good, and his new Ken Smith is absolutely gorgeous, but I am done with basses for a few years.

There are a few different options I believe when ordering, and Modj has changed little things around every once in a while I believe. These are both 2005 production runs, they are within 100 serial numbers of eachother, heh.

And the b-string is very nice to play, very smooth and tight, doesn't get sloppy.

16. Awesome set!

Have fun with those babies :D

17. Oh believe me, I have been for the last 6 hours, I don't think the thing has left my sight sans going to the bathroom :bag:

18. heh, sounds a bit like me with my new SR5. :smug:

19. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass

OOoOOHhhh HARSH.... haha

:rollno:

20. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya