Look up whore in the dictionary, and my picture is there. (New Bass w/ pics)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by i like tictacs, Jan 11, 2006.

1. preliminary shaky photo, more coming tomorrow when i feel like putting this thing down. Just got the five string today. Needless to say I love these basses, and this color combination. Ohhh man they play so amazing and sound even better. bartolini NTBT system. Delish!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jake_tim

jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    skank.

3. irjason

irjason Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Is the 4 or the 5 the new one? Those are nice basses. Congrats.

4. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    Where's the Lane Poor? :p

the 5 is new to him.

5. boy would that suck is someone opened the door as that pic was being taken....

6. Fortunately, the door seems to open to the other way...;)

7. Bahaha. I would be there to catch my babies. As jus said, the five is new. I should have clarified. oh well.

8. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    Nice lookin pair..

9. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    You got a nice set there. I can't see having two of almost the same bass (Ive never played those basses before, but I LOVE Quantums), but congrats.

10. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

One's a four, the other's a five. Even if both were identical: the man knows what he likes, and wouldn't have to settle for second best if he had to use his backup. :p

Anyway, they're beauties. I love bass-ic black!

11. Very cool pair! Stefan would be proud. :)

12. BigTopBruno

BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    sweet....how's that B string?

It's interesting that both have the hipshot B bridge..(correct?) ....why do I remeber BAII on Fleas?...

13. That was the thing. I tried to own the one flea four and a different fice string (Brice/SX, Warwick, I had a musicman in my possession for awhile also) and none of them did it for me. The only bass I've held onto for more than a year was the Flea four, and I figure, it's been that long, might as well get another one because i wouldn't be satisfied any other way it seems :meh:

:hyper:

14. They are sharp as...as...something extremely sharp in the looks department. Simplicity is king, although I do love me some good walnut.

15. That's the thing. I got my first flea without playing a flea before, only quantums. But I absolutely loved Stefan's tone, and nothing got me close, So I took the plunge and ordered a flea. Fell in love with the thing, and I don't blame him for owning all those moduli. He knows what's good, and his new Ken Smith is absolutely gorgeous, but I am done with basses for a few years.

There are a few different options I believe when ordering, and Modj has changed little things around every once in a while I believe. These are both 2005 production runs, they are within 100 serial numbers of eachother, heh.

And the b-string is very nice to play, very smooth and tight, doesn't get sloppy.

16. Awesome set!

Have fun with those babies :D

17. Oh believe me, I have been for the last 6 hours, I don't think the thing has left my sight sans going to the bathroom :bag:

18. heh, sounds a bit like me with my new SR5. :smug:

19. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass

OOoOOHhhh HARSH.... haha

:rollno:

20. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya