Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Look what I came home with today...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Feb 7, 2005.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Too bad I only get to borrow it...for now.

2. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Nice. Congrats on the temporary score. :)

I want one so bad...

3. I want it so bad (and since it hasn't been played in 3 years before I started playing it) Casey is going to ask his bro to donate it to the "Tyler needs a good bass" foundation. ha...like that'll work. If it does, I'd be the luckiest person on earth, and I doubt that's gonna happen.

4. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Beauty! That burst is really nice.

5. Ain't that the truth. It had been sitting in a hard shell case for like 3 years down at the barn and when I opened the case (not knowing what was in it) I almost had an orgasm over it. She looks 100 times better in person.

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Woot,heh. I really dont like that pickguard on that color, but eh, what can ya do ;) Enjoy it while you have it. If you actually, through the spirits of Cheese, bought it, i woulda been jealous ;)

7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    WOW! That is superhot. What's the pickguard on that?

8. Killer Sterling congrats!!
    You're living near the MM factory?? (San Luis Obispo!!!)

Vince

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Not only that, he knows the Ball family ;)

10. Not only that but Casey Ball is one of the guitarists in my band and that sterling is Scott Ball's! :eek:

11. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    So totally hawt.

Wow, that thing is super hawt.

Have I told you that's hawt?

12. Only once or twice you have ;) When my band records (not sure when that'll be) I'll be sure to record with that thing!

13. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    The MM factory holds an Oz-like status in my mind--only wizard isn't a fraud. He actually will come out from behind the curtain and own you with any number of bitchin' finishes.

14. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Too bad they discontinue all the good finishes before you have enough money to get one. :scowl:

15. Yea. They've had some awesome finishes in the past.

16. very nice:)
    I suggest you leave the country with this bass, and never return again :D

17. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Hey Tyler, how does it sound? I've never played a MM fretless, let alone a MM with the piezo.

18. From my experience (only with a couple other sterlings that were fretted) it sounds like a fretted sterling with the good ole fretless mwah added in. When my band ends up recording if I remember I'll record a quick sound clip of it alone and post it up.

19. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Ah ha, I see what's tiding you over until you get another bass.