Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pablomigraine, Feb 24, 2006.

1. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    As many of my pals here know, I purchase & renovate decrepit real-estate for a living, and it isnt all pretty like you see on "Flip This House" but sometimes you find cool stuff rummaging thru these old buildings. I was looking at a building today that's been locked up since 1982, and I found these:

2. pablomigraine

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    dozens of old GE, Tung-Sol, Sylvania, JAN, and others. I've never heard of any of them. Not a single 12AX7 or 6L6 or anything I recognize but most seem to be brand new in the boxes..... are they worth anything?

3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    yep, you just have to do a little research to see what the applications are, and how much they go for. i found some old rca tubes that were more ham radio type stuff, but they still sell for 10-15 a pop on e-bay

4. pablomigraine

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    I've got about 20 of those here.......... plus HUGE tung sols and bunches of other stuff.....

5. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    Get the tube IDs and run some searches on them. If they turn out to be TV tubes then they are worth approximately squat. I have a pretty huge selection of them, so that is from my firsthand experience.

I think the value ladder goes:
    Audio tubes
    Transmitting/oscillator radio tubes
    A poke in the eye with a sharp stick
    TV Tubes