Look what i got :D

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Aug 20, 2005.

1. went and picked up my 215D-BW cab today, left at 3am, got back at 6pm, but for a £75 cab that works perfectly, nice!!

as my SVT II is currently in the caring hands of a tech, its a soley Peavey Rig Of DOOM :hyper:

( plus i dont think id be able to get the SVT ontop of it, the whole stack is taller than me! :D )

lets knock down some walls :D
  2. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Dang dude!

How the heck did you get your 410 on top of the 215 they weigh like 95 lbs!

How tall are you anyways?

I imagine your rig is about 70'' or so tall.

Are both of your cabs 4ohms?

If they are then get some ear plugs if ya don't have any yet! thats some serious power.

3. im 6ft 4" , its just a tad taller than me, im well 'ard, thats how its up there ;)

yup, both are 4 ohm, so 700 watts :D , also means i can use it as a 2 ohm load on my SVT :D

who needs ear plugs, i turned it up to 3/10 on the master (gain all the way up tho), and the room was rumbling :D
  4. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

daammm... do you use ear protection ?:D
    the two 15's will rock the house , for sure !!

BTW , nice curtains , you could make a hell of a kilt with that material ...
  5. haha, its just what my mum made for the room years back, doesnt bother me, even if its stereotypically scottish :p
  6. so you have a 4x10 and a 2x15 all for a little bedroom practice. very nice. When I had my old combo (peavey Mark III) and I got an 1810 for my birthday I had 1x15 1x18 2x10 all sitting in my room. no one was home and it got cranked to 11 just to see how loud I can get. my dog still doesnt come in my room if my basses are out. it also made a very good home stereo, not to much high but made the neighbors want to come over and party,
  7. WOW!, Glad i'm not your neighbour! :D

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...man...this is makin' me LMFAO big time(in a good way, of course). When I bought my PV 2x15 almost 20yrs ago & you would've told me I had a collectable/killer piece, I probably would still be laughing! The only reason I've had mine so long is over the years that I did try to sell it(for nothing, mind you!), NO one wanted it! I'm glad, because, to this day, I still use it for my live gigs & it kicks MAJOR ASS, never a problem, built like a tank!

PS: Too bad I didn't get "stuck" with all the other gear I foolishly sold off...
  9. cheers guys, tis a beast of a small home practice amp :D

and devilman, i dont know why, but these things seem to have next to no value, and i really cant figure out why!, its an amazing cab, the only problem ive found is that it farts out when the BDDI has the drive up, but i read somewhere on here that that happened to someone else when using OD, so im not too bothered about that :D
  10. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    What a beast of a rig, congrats!
  11. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    woo hoo

i miss my peavey 215
  12. jeese Mohawk! turn that racket down, i can hear you from here (note, see my location <------)
  13. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    It'd sure be a lot easier to set up if you put that 215 on its side.
  14. Man I've been GASin for a 215. Last time I went into Samash they had one for pretty cheap. There are a few different versions of that cab correct? Anyone know the differences?
  15. probably, but wheres the fun!

plus, it looks less menecing that way

With the peavey one, there were 2 different sized cabs, one was 18"s deep, the other about 13"s ( the deeper one is apparently the better sounding, which is what ive got) , they would either load the cab with thier standard speaker (i would say sheffields, but maybe not with the older peavey stuff like that) , or with Black Widows, which again, are apparently better, and what that cab is loaded with :)
  16. In the more "modern" era (early to mid '80s until the cab was discontinued in the late '90s) the standard speakers in the 215D were Scorpions. I owned one of those with a Mark IV Bass head. I think when the "D" version was introduced the shallower version must've been discontinued. The shallow version probably had garden variety CTS or Jensen brand speakers, or other stamped frame speakers common around that time (the Peavey "Sheffield" line not existing then). "D" meaning deeper, and thus a better low end. Definitely a good sounding cab, and not bad portability-wise compared to some other brands. Good standard casters. Enjoy.
  17. scorpions, that'll be right

I thought at one point they had both cabs, both cabs had the BW "upgrade" model availible right?

another thing, ive noticed it doesnt say anywhere on the cab, but everywhere ive looked on the net, it says the cab is 4ohms, i take it they were all 4 ohm ?
  18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    He's young. He won't start doing that until he throws his back out a few times. :D

That is a nice rig. I really like that BTB you have. I had a purple five stringer. I miss my Peavey 215 also. I may have to take some measures to get it back here real soon.