Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Look What I got .......................................

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassMan2000, Nov 7, 2000.

1. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    I've just eaten my words on one of my previous posts.On
    (This is what I think). I'll explain it all it my story below...........

Waking up this morning I felt a sick urge in my stomach (flu) . After coming back from the toilet I find myself laying down on the couch, watching "The Cosby Show" which I must add is a good show. My mom phoned the school for me do to my illness. It started snowing and snowing until the the bay window looked as if it were coverd with a white blankit. After felling better I go get up eat a pizza pocket. To my surprize some guy shows up on my door with a Peavey box in shape as if it had a bass guitar in it. I asked my dear ol' mom to sign for it, witch she did. We got it in side, I opened it and found a brand new custom Peavey Cirrus 4 string in rosewood! Which beat the heck out of any bass I previously had. Now I find my self talking to you guys. :)

2. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    I think it redwood I'll post a picture if you guys explain how I can do this I do have a digital camera that goes to the computer. I just don't know how to post pictures on here

3. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel

Congrats for the new bass!!!!

never had the chance to play one of them Cirrus basses (never seen a Peavey bass here, only amps and guitars) but I hear great reviews of them and they look great!

I just hope I don't have to be ill too for my Warwick to arrive ;-)

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

But Peavey don't do "custom" basses! :confused:

5. I've played the Cirrus basses and they are sssswwwwwweeeeett!!!! May you groove long and prosper!!!

6. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Why were you surprised? Were you NOT expecting "some guy"...to deliver a bass to you?...:)

7. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I dont know about you guys, but id be pretty damn freaked out if some guy just showed up the door giving out peaveys. ESPECIALLY "custom" peaveys...which happen to not exist!!!

Am i the only one who freaked out by the guy giving out non-existent basses door to door?! :confused:

[Edited by MegaAngus on 11-07-2000 at 01:57 PM]

8. Angus, custom Peaveys exist.. if you order a Peavey Cirrus through a dealer, and specify the woods you want, then it's custom to that degree.

9. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Yeah, but thats like choosing the paint color. Its a standard option. So ANYTHING is custom to that degree, pretty much.

10. Exactly. Custom means you designed some part of it. Like when you order from Carvin. BTW, "standard option" is an oxymoron!

11. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    LOL, well sooooory, BIG DAVE! :D

Is EVERY bass custom then? :confused: :)

12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    not one that you buy off of the shelf. it's already made, before you pay for it, right?

13. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Hmmmm...an "off the rack" bass.....how gauche....:rolleyes: :)

14. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Yes! Peavey wins another one!

:D

Will C.:cool:

15. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    No, "standard option" is NOT an oxymoron.

Standard means something that's done frequently, the same way every time. Optional means you can either buy it or not buy it. For example, Carvin's midrange control. Whoever buys it gets the exact same thing, mounted in the same position; so it is a standard product. But you can decide to order your bass either with it or without it, so it is an option. A standard option.

What a silly thing to be ranting about. Sorry...

16. Cirrus

Cirrus Guest

Apr 30, 2000
    Las Vegas, NV
    Right on, I'm sure you'll like it. I liked mine so much, I bought the company. Ok, not really, but I did buy a second Cirrus. :)

Peter

17. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    I had to wait like a 3 month period to wait for the woods I wanted on my Cirrus

18. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Because they were backordered/hadnt made enough of that model for lack of demand.

19. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    At GC, a bass (or anything) not in inventory is called a "Special Order." Does that fit the description of this situation?

20. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    peavey has the peaveycustomshop.com which lets you specify and get a picture of what you want