Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LOOK WHAT I JUST GOT.(73 'PBASS) AIN'T SHE PRETTY

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Abluesbassist, Mar 29, 2003.

1. hey fellow bottom feeders, i just picked this 73 pbass last week and it's all original. i had my guitar tech check it out and he said that not even the solder joints are broken. the finish is definately a 9.5 out of 10 and the sound is so freakin groovin. last nigh was my first gig with her and she's a dream. I kept looking around thinking that the juke box was on while we were playing because i thought that there was no way i was sounding that good. anyway this is definately gonna stay with me for a long time.

her she is

2. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    ditto

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Ditto on that ditto!

4. ditto!!

damn she is swurt lookin' aye ! :D

5. Very nice! All you need is the pickup cover a la Jamerson ;)

6. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    I have to say that I'm a big fan of the B width, vintage radius neck.

7. yeah i looked everwhere for a cover for it but can't find one any one know where i can ??

ps here's my favorite part of her ....a beautiful birds eye maple neck

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    That's is a NICE score. The bass looks MINT.

You could try to find the pickup cover on eBay. If not, you couls check out www.allparts.com or you should be able to get/order one form any local music store.

9. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    ditto on the e-bay,i got a couple for my j-bass(no nino not my japanese p/j bass,i see you smirkin)and
    they were realitively cheap, take yoor time there is a couple of people on there all the time selling them new,dont settle for the first one(or set) you find
    good luck(man my life sucks,frikin frakin,mother hubbard,OH, SORRY):bawl:

10. very nice.

just one thing- is that the original pickguard?
    I ask as I thought 70's P basses had the thumbrest on the E string side, and also had an extra screw in the middle of the pickguard near the G string between the neck and the pickup.

11. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    Actually, Turtle...

P's had the the thumbrest below the G until a certain year. I'm thinking '74 give or take.