Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Abluesbassist, Mar 29, 2003.

1. hey fellow bottom feeders, i just picked this 73 pbass last week and it's all original. i had my guitar tech check it out and he said that not even the solder joints are broken. the finish is definately a 9.5 out of 10 and the sound is so freakin groovin. last nigh was my first gig with her and she's a dream. I kept looking around thinking that the juke box was on while we were playing because i thought that there was no way i was sounding that good. anyway this is definately gonna stay with me for a long time.

her she is
  2. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Ditto on that ditto!
  4. ditto!!

damn she is swurt lookin' aye ! :D
  5. Very nice! All you need is the pickup cover a la Jamerson ;)
  6. marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    I have to say that I'm a big fan of the B width, vintage radius neck.
  7. yeah i looked everwhere for a cover for it but can't find one any one know where i can ??

ps here's my favorite part of her ....a beautiful birds eye maple neck
  8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    That's is a NICE score. The bass looks MINT.

You could try to find the pickup cover on eBay. If not, you couls check out www.allparts.com or you should be able to get/order one form any local music store.
  9. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    ditto on the e-bay,i got a couple for my j-bass(no nino not my japanese p/j bass,i see you smirkin)and
    they were realitively cheap, take yoor time there is a couple of people on there all the time selling them new,dont settle for the first one(or set) you find
    good luck(man my life sucks,frikin frakin,mother hubbard,OH, SORRY):bawl:
  10. very nice.

just one thing- is that the original pickguard?
    I ask as I thought 70's P basses had the thumbrest on the E string side, and also had an extra screw in the middle of the pickguard near the G string between the neck and the pickup.
  11. marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    Actually, Turtle...

P's had the the thumbrest below the G until a certain year. I'm thinking '74 give or take.