Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Look what the fedex man dropped off today...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Jul 16, 2005.

1. My new bass! I got the SX SJB75. Totally smokin bass. Sounds, looks and plays amazingly. Of course, here are the pics, so the bass can exist:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Congrats dude! She looks sweet.

What are you paying her through??

3. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Looks killer. :bassist:

Does it have a three-bolt neckplate or four? I heard the new ones would have a four-bolt neckplate.

4. I assume you mean playing it through? GK700RB-II --> Hartke 410VX

3 Bolt.

5. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Yeah, I can't type too well! Anyway, :bassist: ;)

6. xbradx

xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    you might want to check the neck to see if all 3 bolts actually go through to the neck. on mine and many others i've read about, the third bolt is shorter and doesn't always make it all the way through the body. i replaced the neckplate on mine with a fender 4-bolt, luckily the size of the plates is the same so the single hole left from the original plate is covered.

7. I'll do that xbradx, but it seems on there pretty well, same with my other one.

8. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Nice score Tyler.

I love the vintage jazz look.

By the looks of it there is some nice grain on the fretboard.

9. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I thought the same thing, That's a great looking bass,, I love the maple black block look anyway.

10. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Similar to Fender's Microtilt design, it was designed to be so. The third is only there to adjust the angle of the neck, not to fasten it to the body

11. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Your Rockin the Vintage vibe Ty, very cool. All the best with it. :) :bassist:

12. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    been thinkin of picking up one of those.

are they heavy?

13. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    I love the headstock in this basses,i like big headstocks

14. That was about the biggest surprise I got when I opened the box and unwrapped the bass. I was pitchin a tent the rest of the day cuz of that!

On the site it says 11lbs, but my other SX is heavier than this one. To me it doesn't make a big difference and I can go along time with a heavey bass strapped on, but I'm a big guy. 3" or padded-to-hell straps help with making it not feel so heavey.

15. Ned Starks Head

Ned Starks Head Yis, actually.

Sep 25, 2004
    Charlotte NC
    I have the same bass and yes, the third lower bolt barely goes into the wood of the neck, I guess to avoid hitting the truss rod. No micro-tilt assembly.I also thought about putting a 4 bolt plate on as well, but on mine there is about a 1/16" difference center to center on the bolts (the Fender being slightly wider).
    No matter, I strung it up with fender 9050ML flats which are pretty high tension strings and I have had no problems at all.

Sweet bass. For the money you can't go wrong.

Attached Files:

16. Sam, what did you put into the holes for the bridge pickup cover? Is it just the screws?

17. Wow, that's a beauty you've got there. That neck looks so insanely easy to play. How is the hardware on there? Looks pretty good quality from here.

If only Rondo Music would ship to Ol' Blighty... maybe if I asked really nice...? ;)

18. The neck is like buttah! The hardware on it is good. Bridge is solid and the tuning machines keep it in tune real well.

19. Here are my babies together:

[​IMG]

20. Ned Starks Head

Ned Starks Head Yis, actually.

Sep 25, 2004
    Charlotte NC
    Yeah, I just put the screws back in. I love the look with the covers on, and played it awhile with 'em on there, but (and this may sound stupid), I feel they may be "too cool" for my level of ability, like I haven't earned them yet.

One of these days, though.