Look who stopped by the Nordstrand booth.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dragonbass, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Genius..... :)

2. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    haha.

That seven looks amazing, your basses are beautiful and giving me gas as we speak!

3. It must be a real compliment to see players like those playing basses you built. I know I'd be proud.
    Man I've been gassing over Nordstrand basses for so long...graduation present to self.......soon....soon.

4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    It looks like that NX7 was a real showstopper/attention-catcher. Everyone seems to be checking it out. Which is not surprising as it looks so good :cool:
    Great work, Carey!

5. dragonbass

dragonbass Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    ........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder..........................................................
    I was the other helper hangin' with Carey and Adrian all 4 days of the show. I was also the one taking most of the pics.
    I'm sure we meet....did you go to the Bass Quake?

Rob

Edit:
    Didn't you put the whole Bass Quake thing together?
    I was at the same table with Carey & Adrian having dinner that night......

6. dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    ........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder..........................................................
    It wasn't really my doing...Carey's the man who did the Magic.

Maybe next time! ;)

7. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    OTAY

8. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Now that's what I'm talkin about Jay!! NICE PICS!

9. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    +1 on that. I checked it out early one morning along with the SC5 fretless. The NX7 was fantastic. Lightweight, comfortable and sounds great. In fact, everything I saw at Carey's booth looked great.

Carey, if you don't mind my asking, what is your build schedule like now after NAMM?

10. Joey Squid, YOU HAVE NO IDEA. :)

Sadly, my parents got all of these pictures first. Sweet..........

11. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I got to play that 5-string fretless (Thanks again Carey!) from the first picture. All I can say is WOW! Awesome tone, great feel, and so light. Must keep GAS under control....

12. The famous Spruce Goose. :D Awesome tone on the soundclips I've heard from the bass.

13. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    5 more days [next lesson is the 31st] till another lesson with Scott. From the pics on here-that bass is amazing and i am sure will sound even better than it looks [a hard task]. If i had the money [the infamous words they are] i could see at least a 5 string if not a 6 or 7 being paid for. However, if i had the money = i don't have any. :)

A general statement-all of the Nordstrand basses that I've seen [pictures only] have been nothing shy of amazing. Knowing that Scott has one definately won't be helping the GAS.

That's all

14. You ain't kiddin'! That bass already has some serious mojo in it. Dominique, Bill, Scott and all the other great players... :eek:

Can't wait to check this guy out.

15. dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Guys,

The NX7 that Scott has will blow you away.
    The sound and feel of the bass is awesome.

Knowing that Scott has that bass { and seeing what he could do with it} is inspiring!

Scott is/was one of the best players there..{I saw him everyday rip it up on that 7}...oh and so was Adrian {lay down that groove...you badass!}

Rob

16. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    PM SENT PLAYA

17. Awesome, Rob! You had a truly awesome experience I can tell.

Scott is one of the best out there. That's for sure. I'm just glad that I get to know the guy!

I see that Scott had his looper there with him. I heard him with his Smith 6 one day doing some very cool jazzy stuff with that looper. I can only imagine what he'll do with the NX7! Incredible....

Thanks again for the great pics! Did you get to speak with Bill or Dominique about the bass?

18. dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Oh....heres a pic of Scott and Adrian ripping it up!!!!

Attached Files:

19. Awesome pic, Rob!

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021