Look who stopped by the Nordstrand booth.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dragonbass, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Hey Bernie, where can I find a Mike Pope CD?

2. dragonbass

dragonbass Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    ........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder..........................................................
    Bernie,

It was a great time. Scott's is truely a great guy.....That little looper was amazing {I have to pick one up for myself}.....Wait till you see/hear him play that NX7.

I didn't speak to Bill or Dominique, but Carey did and I know that they said they loved the basses.
    I do know that Dominique couldn't believe how easy they were to play, and how they sounded!

Rob

3. dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    ........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder..........................................................
    In a music store? :D

4. Hey man,

His stuff is available on CDbaby IIRC. You can listen to sound samples as well.

5. Cool!

That's quite a compliment coming from a guy that plays the kind of basses that he does! :eek:

I can't wait to hear Scott play that bass, Rob!

6. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Thanks Bernie!
    Rob since when are we a comedian now. :D

7. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Blah, blah, blah....I happen to know that with every Benavente you buy you get a tit twister from BB.

8. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Not at Best Buy bro. They looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears.

9. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Goodnight. Talk to you manana bro!

10. dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.

Dude,

Very funny!!! :)

11. Pssh... People just don't know good music! :smug:

12. dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.

But you do! :)

13. That's quite a marketing tool. :eek: ;)

14. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ

There's photographic evidence of this phenomenon somewhere but Lowell's NAMM pics are in Clubphoto and not loading for me now otherwise I'd post it.

15. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Found it.

Attached Files:

16. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    That photo is scary in so many ways.

For some reason I keep getting this whole Conan "if they mated" kinda thing happening in my mind when I look at it!

:D

17. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Nahh it's all in good fun. Brian, Lowell & Chris are the best dudes in the business and that bass that Lowell bought was my second runner up for the most elegant design bass at NAMM this year a close second behind the Azola Nouveau.

http://www.azola.com/sys-tmpl/nouveau/

18. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Meh...the Azola look isnt for me, but that Holly Benavente is the bee's knees....at least if it was a SCB style....still not convinced on the SCD style but hey....taste is a personal thing!

Now a holly SCB with the flame job......that would be the stuff! :D

19. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Yeah that SC4 flamejob was calling to me the whole show just as the Benavente orange sparkle flamejob Vortex was last year....anyone see that one??

Attached Files:

20. dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Last I looked this was a Nordstrand Thread.
    Can we keep it that way? :smug:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021