lookin at my first sixer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flaghard, Nov 21, 2004.

1. flaghard

Oct 17, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    i wanna get a 6 string, and im looking at spectors right now. i couldnt find any info doing a search so im posting. anyone have or played a spector six string?? what type of music are they good for? i like playing funk inlfuenced anything and with that in mind, can anyone recomend another kind of sixer

p.s. i have about 1000 to work with so nothing that will put me in debt

thanks for the help

2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I would look at a Spector Legend 6. Great bass,and you'll have some money left over.
  3. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Go to www.spectorbass.com You'll find some MSRP prices on their basses and you can generally figure a retail price from there. If you have any questions about them, email PJ Rubal.
  4. I have a Spector NSQ6

good bass, but if you can get a Cirrus, do it
  5. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Cirrus 6's?
    USed TRB 6ps?
    the occassional used pedulla t-bolt 6?

6's pop up on ebay that are within that range from time to time. The ones I can think of that you can buy new are usually ok. But, to each his own.
  6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I'd try for a used Yammie TRB... My opinion of a 6'er to stay away from are the SoundGear's... The necks tend to do funny things.
  7. Im surprised no one mentioned Carvin...For about a grand you can get one with lots of options custom built for you...I got my sixer for 1300 and it has everything! Some people aren't crazy for the electronics, but I think they sound fine.
    But everyone will agree that the build quality is top notch and if you don't like it you can send it back, and get a refund.
  8. You should check out this before you buy anything.
  9. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Some people have mentioned used TRB-6P's. I couldn't agree more. Very solid quality bass. You can usually get ok ones for under a grand (us). And Ibanez... I have a friend who gigs every weekend with a prestige 6. It has held up fine for the last 2 or 3 years, and is a rather nice bass. Go out and try some basses in your price range before taking the plunge.
  10. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Seriously check into a Peavey Cirrus 6. Great basses.

But, try to play as many as you can if possible, find out what feels and sounds best to you.
  11. though I said check these out, really check it out... it has an odd tone that might not suit alot of peoples needs. (suits mine just dandy though)... however they play like butter... quick and smooth compared to the spectors