1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

lookin' for a multi...could use some suggestions.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by unicornskickass, Mar 8, 2010.

1. unicornskickass

unicornskickass

Mar 8, 2010
    So, I'm lookin' for a multi-effects pedal that excels at synth, mod, and just generally weird effects. I really don't care about amp sims, and distortions, but good reverbs, delays, and a decent compressor would be nice. I've heard a lot of good stuff about the boss me-8b and some of the older korg multis but those can be difficult to find so I'm up for suggestions. I've heard pretty much all of the current models and really don't care for any of them seeing how they're all obsessed with amp modeling and all have crappy synth/effects sections.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. I have a Zoom B2 that I use just for synth sounds. There are 16 waves to start with and then you can add other freaky stuff like ring mod, chorus, phase, flange, pitch shift, octaver, multiple delays and reverbs. I works well enough for me to leave the BMS and Deep Impact safe in the studio.

3. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I had the zoom and didn't care for how the tracking felt on the synth sounds but I did get some crazy sounds combining other stuff like filter and pitch shift, etc. If I were looking for another multi I'd want a Line 6 M9.

4. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Korg processors would be a good choice for the effects that you're looking for. I would recommend the korg ax3000b. or if you're on a tight budget, the korg ax3b and ax5b would be right up your alley. all three of these multi-effects processor have large varieties of effects, amp and cab models at affordable prices. you can purchase them at sam ash or sweet water.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 1, 2020