lookin for a new monster cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hillbillyhotrod, May 21, 2005.

1. hillbillyhotrod

Apr 8, 2005
    hey guys im lookin to get a new cab here soon but i need your guys input.

looking at:

ampeg 810
    aguilar 412
    mesa 1000
    and whatever you all add i play mainly rock/metal and need it to get loud and still sound good. my head is a svt1000 so i have the power to push the bigger cabs

i guess my main question is whats the sound difference and sound quality between the 3 cabs i listed and what would be best for my type of music.

2. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    I too, am also looking for a hard rock/metal setup, i currently have a Genz Benz 410XB2 and a Avatar CB115 and am looking for a complete setup, I would want 2 410XB2s but that is $$$ because I haven't found a used Genz. I ran into a Mesa RR 1516BE locally and I will be able to swap the Genz for the Mesa and also some money. So if I like the cab, I'll trade. I am also pushing it with an Alembic F1-X and a 1000 watts. I heard it was an overly aggressive cab, so I will try it out and let you know if you should look into a Mesa cab
  3. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I'd recommend the Aggie 412. I love the cab. You can make it sound like an Ampeg... only a lot better than an Ampeg cab does if that makes sense :smug:
  4. rabass6

rabass6 Commercial User

Jun 3, 2004
    Owner, Groovemania.it
    Haven't tried it, but a Schroeder 310212 is a 2100W monster cab, given the performance of my 1210 that can burn every 4x10 I compared with...
  5. Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Bergantino NV-610. Sound way better than ony of those IMO and easier to move around than the Ampeg. Even better put an NV-215 next to it and you will cause an earthquake.
  6. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    How about the Schroeder 310212, I have the 21012 now and it is almost as loud and clear as an 8x10 cab. I can't imagine what the 310212 must do to people.
  7. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    IMO, it's going to be hard to find many who have actually tried all of those cabinets together in the same room.

Hopefully you'll be able to try all those out in the same place, or at least be able to try all of them out before you decide.

just a thought, have you considered getting two smaller cabinets? maybe two ampeg 4x10 cabs or two aguilar 2x12s? That way you don't have to truck around one huge cab to all of your gigs, some of which may not require suce a huge rig. :cool:
  8. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I have a Bergantino NV610 and love it. It was next to an Ampeg 8x10 in the store and made the Ampeg sound like a sack of garbage.
  9. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'd agree with the Bergie NV610. I had an opportunity to try a few of them out. Beautiful Cab... Sound nice and tight, with a great low end that isn't boomy. If I could have two of any cab in the world it would either be some combination of the berg NV series.
  10. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Berg NV425. I just gigged mine with my DB750 at an outdoor festival. I am still giddy.