1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lookin' for a new Pre-amp!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pin_head_47, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Im in the midst of upgrading my main axe, an Ibanez SR5000 (very similar to a SR3000e) and would like to know what some good preamps are that would fit... it has 4 holes for pots, with a master volume, balance, a stacked treble/bass and a stacked mid/variable mid frequency. Its 9 volt powered, and i really like the configuration and dont want to have to drill any holes. I just dont think the current sound is the greatest. Are there any good sounding setups out there (such as Aguilar or Nathan East) that are 9 volt and will fit? A pull-up knob for active/passive would be nice too.

Its got a set of PJ pickups that ill upgrade to either barts or EMGs later (havent decided that yet either :meh: ) but right now i just want to find a fitting, variable mid pre.

Peace.

2. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI!

Easy. Go to http://www.sadowsky.com
    Click on preamp. It will explain everything. You can install it yourself and your worries are over

Rob