Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

lookin for an envelope effect...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jammadave, Nov 14, 2003.

1. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    ...that will not just retrigger exactly the same way on every note. Anything out there that can change the sweep, or the direction, or the intensity, or all of it, either randomly or according to attack transients?

And have true bypass? =0)

cheers!
    dave

2. submelodic

submelodic

Feb 7, 2002
    Seattle, WA
  3. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    see, on that one, the random arpeggiator is an effect i found cool but isn't really what i mean for this application - and the env filter effect on this sounds just like the same retrigger over and over... I'm lookin' to have, say, one long note go "bowwwwwwwwwwwwww" and the next long note perhaps go "bwaaaaaaaaaaa", then "breeeeeeeeee"... and so on, ad nauseam =0)

4. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    I doubt you'll find anything that does this single pedalwise. There may be some more advanced multi-FX that have a vocaliser that can do this, otherwise how about getting a real synth?

Alex

5. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    I used to have one in the early 80's called a "Funk Machine". Don't remember who made it. It was really simple, just had one knob. It was an awesome envelope filter, it was pretty sensitive, and unlike many of today's models, was very responsive to the bass player's touch. Wish I could find one today. Anyone out there have one?