Lookin for brass Warwick hardware....

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by HotRatz, May 2, 2004.

1. HotRatz

HotRatz Guest

Mar 13, 2003
    Portland, OR
    Ya so I was looking at my '99 Thumb 5 NT with its black hardware the other day, and was thinking how much better it would look with the brass tuners, knobs, and bridge pieces...increase the pimp factor tenfold. I'm happy with the graphite nut. Does anybody have a set they'd sell, or does anybody know where I might order such a handsome package? ....am I kidding myself here?? :bassist:

ps waitin on a reply from warwick, but I don't expect they'll sell me what i want....we'll see.
  2. Hofbrauhaus

Feb 10, 2002
    Upton, MA
    Not sure if you heard from Warwick yet...they took 1-2 weeks to get back to me with a question I had. Anyways...I'm not sure what you can do about the bridge, but Schaller makes a tuner that would fit the Warwick that is available in Gold...or if you don't want those I believe the Warwick tuners may be made by Gotoh, so you could go that route as well. Gold knobs are very easy to find as well...just get some from Allparts or the like. If you don't find a solution for your bridge you could take it to a jeweler and have it plated I suppose but I doubt that would be cost effective. I see no reason why you couldn't obtain everything from DBG though, just have your favorite Warwick dealer order what you need from them for you. Luckily enough my Streamer LX5 already came with gold hardware :p Goodluck