Lookin for inspiration

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by masterbasser926, Feb 16, 2006.

1. hi, ive been playing bass for 3 years and ive never had trouble makin up a new riff for my band but latelt i can't think of anything. What do you think i could do to get myself out of this slump?:(
  2. AspiringBassMan

Dec 10, 2005
  3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    I played for about 3-4 years and felt the same exact way. I decided to get some lessons and that was the best thing I could have done. To get with a good teacher really gets you over a lot of slumps. Even if it is only a few lessons just to help your technique and the teacher may give you that little bit of inspiration you need. Hell, I've been playing over 10 years and I feel I'm starting to slump again.
  4. BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
  5. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    After reading the titles to the three threads posted.. I feel emo :( lol
  6. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i have been in a bit of a slump also. my advice is to branch out and listen to things you dont normally listen to. read some Kerouac or watch the Power Rangers on tv. do something you might not normally do; diversity helps a lot.

case in point: i have been really bored with my style lately so last night i sat down with some adult beverages and my bass, i put on some Tracy Chapman songs and started paying a lot of attention to getting the rhythms absolutely correct. Tracy Chapman is not someone i normally listen to, i just sort of chose her at random in iTunes and went with it. Today, i feel like i have accomplished something.