Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lookin For Six String £1000-£1400 (around $2000)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by papalastre, Jul 25, 2004.

1. papalastre

papalastre

Dec 10, 2003
    Scotland
    A friend of mine is looking to ditch his Ibanez btb 6 string in favour of sumthing higher up the price scale. He is very into the sound of Laklands, unforunately as you are all aware they don't do 6s. He tried a Ken Smith which he dubbed as "rank" (horrible). he was tempted by the Yamaha TRBs but both which he tried out were very very baddly set up, put him off, although i tried to persuade him otherwise. The Cirrus he claims has a neck which plays too fast.I think he is looking for something with good action for tapping and decent string spacing for his slap work. Any suggestions?

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    In the US, I have seen some Moduluses with the older prices that could meet your needs. My guess is that in Europe, your best bet would be a bolt-on neck Warwick.

3. Las Olas

Las Olas

Apr 20, 2003
    Scarborough, UK
    I have a superbly set up Yamaha TRB6P with some wonderful upgrades towards the lower end of that price budget. It's for sale too. PM me for details - I cant seem to do yours. If not email me on mikemcgibney (at!) hotmail.com.

Regards

Mike