Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lookin through ebay...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dean_CustomJazz, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
  2. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    Never heard of "Final German"
    Is that a good manufacturer? The 4x12 looked like a 2x12.

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    The Ampeg guy doesn't know about the concept of area :D.

Why do the Tech cabs confuse you? I bought one of the 2x12s from that guy. It's OK.

4. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    I was also gonna make a post about that Ampeg 8x6.5 I was wondering if anyone had tried one and their opinions on it.

5. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    I want the Ampeg! I have no Money!!
    I have enough cabs.....I think!

6. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    "Final"= Its the last of his stock. I bought 2 of the 2x12's from him and (after some technical fixes with the second one) am very happy with them.

7. I have always wanted a stack of those "mini-SVT's" That would be so wicked for any coffee-shop gigs. It is very difficult to find any info on these cabs......would love to know.

8. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I had an 806 cabinet...it was nice and cute but shy in the low end... those 6.5 rubber surround woofers in a sealed box don't offer up much booty. I never did try mine with the band...

I didn't like the tweeter either...hissy without the benefits...and no level control it's either on or it's off.

Jay Storey wrote a nice review on either Harmony Central or bgra.net check there.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, ask and I'll try to help. I do have an old (mid '90s) Ampeg catalog with the 806 in it...