Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lookin' to trade my Jazz...

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by thwackless, Dec 4, 2003.

1. thwackless

thwackless

Nov 24, 2003
    Smithfield, RI
    I've been entertaining a thread about 32" scale basses, due to a situation with my left (fretting) arm. I love the sound of my American Fender Jazz, but it's become a burden in a way, as it's difficult to play- painful when I have to reach for notes. Since I can't get along with playing fewer notes (I'm sorry), I'd at this point be interested in maybe doing a swap for something in a 32" or thereabouts (budget prohibits outright purchase of a new axe for now). Any interest out there? All propositions would be considered... and let's keep it clean, boys and girls...:p !
    Thanks,
    Rog.

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Moved to the classifieds...

3. Please post some info and pics of your jazz.

4. thwackless

thwackless

Nov 24, 2003
    Smithfield, RI
    I'll have to get some assistance with that, can do sometime this weekend- unless you want me to snail 'em to you.
    Rog.

5. thwackless

thwackless

Nov 24, 2003
    Smithfield, RI
    Hey, sorry I took so long, but here's pix of my Fender. We found this dude living under a bridge, so we fed him some hot soup and took some shots of him playing my bass...

Rog.
    members.cox.net/csannex/jazz/jazz1.jpg
    members.cox.net/csannex/jazz/jazz2.jpg
    members.cox.net/csannex/jazz/jazz3.jpg
    members.cox.net/csannex/jazz/jazz4.jpg
    members.cox.net/csannex/jazz/jazz5.jpg

This is my first time posting a link. Don't get mad. :)
    PHP:
    Note position of strap buttonsholes in body from moving the strap buttons around, and strap jig at neck joint of body.  Also note the grave concentration of the player...

6. Bump and a pic for ya Rog! She's a sweet vintage.

7. hahha,really?! :)

8. membranophone

membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    If you like the sound of your Jazz, why not just put a capo on the second fret and tune that to EADG? You'd have an instant 32ish inch scale bass. Of course the dot markers would be off, but this would save you the hassle of selling/trading.

9. thwackless

thwackless

Nov 24, 2003
    Smithfield, RI
    Comes to mind I've been eye-ing the capo hook at the music store where I work Saturdays! Didn't even occur to me- good idea! I'm gonna try that. I do, however, like the look of that Shorty Fender...
    Thanks for the tip! ;)
    Rog.

10. thwackless

thwackless

Nov 24, 2003
    Smithfield, RI
    No. It's me.

:bawl:

Rog.

11. thwackless

thwackless

Nov 24, 2003