1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

looking 4 a good 6 string bass method

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alex Arcuri, May 7, 2002.

1. Hi ya all... I was looking for a good book on mastering the 6 strings bass. I mean, not something that shows how many times the note C is repeated throughout the fingerboard (I can ALREADY figure that out...;) ) let's say I'd like to explore the harmonic possibilities of the instrument... something like imposing upper-register chords on a walking bassline... much like I saw Dave Carpenter do with Andy Summers in a small little gig during an italian TV show...
    Now if I could only find that damn VHS tape I recorded the show on!!! I'd have plenty to study!!
    :eek:

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    even if have no answer to your question, let me welcome you to talkbass. another italian! great that you play lounge music, i have a lounge band too, we are called 500 Saturno

smart set: DArio Baldan Bembo! which tracks do you play? originals?

3. Ciao, a sto punto parliamo italiano... effettivamente abbiamo 1 solo pezzo originale, pubblicato in una raccolta in omaggio col magazine "il Giaguaro" (7° numero), però io ed il batterista, il nucleo storico degli Smart Set, abbiamo lavorato un sacco con Daniele Luppi, un compositore di Padova che ha pubblicato parecchio per la Irma e ora anche negli States (infatti lavora a Los Angeles, adesso!!).
    Ora stiamo incidendo roba nostra, c'era parecchia gente interessata...

Ciao

A'