Looking: 4ohm 10” or 12” loaded cab without a tweeter

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ampegfuzz, Jul 27, 2019.

1. It is hard to say that a cab sounds like____ because it also depends on the amp you are running it with.
    On the same cab your SVT will sound different than a TC 350 and that will sound different than an Eden WT800 and that will sound different than a Mesa Subway D800, a GK MB500 and so on...
    Not even getting in to the basses used.

Some amps will emphasize mid peaks or dips and other performance differences than others, even the peak highs and lows.
    It is the total package.

Haroldo likes this.
  2. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    I think most the cabs i tried were just on the dark side when turned off.

3. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    very true

I do have a current short list
    Ampeg 212av
    Aguilar db410 or db212
    Barefaced 610 (yes a little bigger then i want, but lighter then most above cabs)

4. CTBassGuy

CTBassGuy

Feb 3, 2018
    Danbury, CT
    Consider a “new old cab”? I retrofitted an Ampeg V4 with 4, 4 Ohm Eminence Basslite S2012s (custom order From Eminence) and did new grill cloth. I really like it with my V4B reissue, but it likes more power. It’d be awesome with an SVT, I’d bet.

IMG_1816.JPG B719761E-A5E3-4B8F-86FA-6D2954687E6C.jpeg

5. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    I've honestly thought about that.

CTBassGuy likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021