1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

looking around in my music store

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Led Fo Yo Hed, Apr 15, 2006.

1. I was in my local store yesterday (New Jersey Guitar and Bass - it's the greatest (shameless plug)) and I played a Japanese Fender Jazz, and American Fender Jazz, and a Music Man SUB. And I liked the SUB the best. Am I going crazy? Was it just the active electronics. I know the SUB gets very little love around here, being inferior to the Stingray. Still, I liked the attack that it gave, in addition to the tone variation. It is VERY ugly though, compared to the Jazz. What do you guys think? Have I lost my bassin' mind?

2. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

As far as I know, the only difference between a S.U.B. and the top of the line MMs is the appearance (finishes, pickguard...), but in the sound department it is the same powerful weapon.

3. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    If it has that "mojo" than go for it. What is most important is that you like it.

My MIM Fender Jazz is like that. It just has that feeling ("mojo") that makes me want to play it. The neck feels good in my hands and the way it hangs on me is very comfortable. Most importantly I love the way it sounds. No other bass I have played has that same juju. There are better basses out there, and I have upgraded a bit with a Jazz 24 and I'm also looking at a Jazz V or EBSR 5 in the near future but that Mexican Jazz just has something special.

If the SUB is doing that for you than you should probably get it.