1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking at a new bass, any thoughts...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by beatlesfan64, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Epiphone Allen Woody

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Waterstone Indra

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Ibanez ARTB100

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Hofner Contemporary

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. None, I would choose something else

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. beatlesfan64

beatlesfan64

Apr 11, 2010
    I am looking at a new bass, under $1000 would be ideal. I have been looking for a short scale for awhile, something light weight and well balanced. I am currently considering either an Epiphone Allen Woody (not crazy about the gold, but that is another story) a Waterstone Indra, an Ibanez ARTB100, or possibly a Hofner Contemporary, probably the Violin bass because I could get a hardshell case for it...

Anyways, out of those, any thoughts? They are all lightweight, shortscale basses, and with the exception of the Ibanez I believe they are all semi-hollow.

2. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    I've heard okay things about the Eastwood Classic 4, and Eastwood Airline Map basses.

As far as shorties go, I've only got experience with the Mustang. Loved it, but sadly let it go as I wanted to kick the tires on a P.

3. beatlesfan64

beatlesfan64

Apr 11, 2010
    I knew I was forgetting something, and that would be the Eastwood Classic 4. I have thought about the Mustang, I dig the sound but not the price + price of case.

How heavy was your Mustang? Any neck dive?

4. BananaKing

BananaKing Supporting Member

May 15, 2008
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Could you get a used Lakland Decade?

5. BananaKing

BananaKing Supporting Member

May 15, 2008
    Vancouver, B.C.
    I just realized the price on those.... n/m

I would go for a mustang. Played one the other day that was fantastic.