1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking at a New rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Musicman_00, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Originally i was looking at 2 1x12 cabs. Which is still an option but I played a GK neo 115 @ GC and was amazed at the sound and it was really light. Open to suggestions however there is one thing that I ask. Individual opinions are great and respected but let's not start arguing over opinions. The last thread I started was closed because of it.

Thanks in advance fam.

2. Try the GK 115 again, also see if you can try the ampeg PF 115LF. Those would be my two favorite cabs that GC would have right now.

3. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    If you can, try the G-B Neo 2x12.

But, if YOU like the sound, then the ballgame's over. Don't worry so much if WE like the sound or not. But it to please yourself, not to please us.

4. Jeb

Jeb

Jul 22, 2001
    USA
    I think that the 2x12 is the most practical configuration in a standalone cab. Understand that this comes from someone who doesn't like the 4x10 config, I think its too big, heavy and bulky for what it does. I'd rather a 1x15 under a 2x10. Thats why the 2x12 (properly powered), imo is the way to go.

5. You really need to crank it up to see how it really performs. You don't gig at bedroom volumes.

6. Not yet

Not yet

Mar 26, 2012
    Same opinion 'cept I use 2 112Ts for gig flexibility and ease of transport....I old, you may not be

7. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    Man in terms of gear available to the bassist of today the world is your oyster. You are only limited by your budget or imagination. I mean you have everything from Seismic Audio gear to boutique custom made amps and cabs. I have an Eden 2x12 that I gig with, a 1x12 for practice, a 2x10 cab in the trunk of my car, another 2x10 and an 18' cab in storage. However, for my next rig, I'm going back to a 4x10 config. That is 2 mini 2x10 cabs rated at 600 watts a piece. I happen to be a guy who loves the sound and punch of 10' speakers. When it comes to gear I pay attention to what people say but I follow my own rules....it's my tone, my choice,my gear, my money.

8. TinyE

TinyE

Jan 31, 2013
    portland,or
    I have the new GK micro mb115 and love it. The weight and flexibility of being able to chain cabs together is awesome. I would probably try the 2x12 and the 2x10, but the 115 fit me for now. Cab weight is 28 pounds, and compares with all the old 200w cabs I used to play through.

9. I have the G-K NEO212 II, I laugh every time someone picks it up and it almost flies from their hands! The 15's rule guys really like the NEO115's.

10. I love my Mesa Powerhouse 4x12 but this is the one other cab I'd really love to try out. Ive heard nothing but great things about them and the 96LBs is really appealing, also.

Id recommend a GK neo 2X12 or 4X12, but I love playing infront of bigger cabs.

11. The new NEO412's are only 90lbs! Mine is first generation (little over 100lbs) The NEO212 II is only 50lbs and the side handles make it so easy. :cool: My 412 goes anytime it will fit the stage though :D Like me a big cab as well. :bassist:

12. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I'm another big fan of the 2x12. Don't care for 4x10's at all, but a good 212, (GB Uber in my case), will carry most rooms on its own. Sometimes I'll add a 1x12 on top, (4 ohm 212, 8 ohm 112, 2 ohm stable amp) for really loud applications. A good cab is more important than a good amp, but having both is best.

13. :)We Like the 12's too

You really can't go wrong with whats been mentioned.