Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking at AccuGroove Tri 112L

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Sep 27, 2005.

1. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'm looking at getting two AccuGroove Tri 112L's to run with my Bassman 135 head. I emailed MArk over at AG, and he said I would have enough power to run both cabs. How do these cabs sound? And what should I except when running them with my old Bassman 100watt all tube head?

2. Why two cabs? These things are super efficient and you won't have any problem handling all the power of your Bassman 125 with one of them. You should check out the AccuGroove website and see if there's a dealer near you where you could try them out. Take your head and basses along!

3. Bass Greaser

I run a pair of Tri 112L's and they are outstanding ofr my needs. In fact if I was honest having two is a bit of an overkill , but I say what the heck.

I run mine with an Acoustic Image Clarus at a 4 ohm load so I get 200w for my trouble and with that amount it is plenty loud as well as sounding fantastic. It also looks a pretty good as a stack!

I presume that the Bassman 125 will push out 125w which will certainly get you heard, but I cannot comment on the 100w tube head.

Hope this helps

Regards

Matthew

4. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    One Tri112 could easily handle the power of your amp.

They are wonderful sounding cabinets that will work in a variety of settings. The benefit of having two is that you can use one for smaller gigs or rehersals and bring both to large gigs. A pair of these will handle enough power for almost any gig situation you will find yourself in.

5. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    thanks guys....now I just have to sell some gear, save up some money, and wait til I'm able to afford two of these :D