looking at getting an elrick...what's a good price to pay?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Matt R Miller, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    In my search for a new bass I'm starting to settle on an Elrick Classic series. I'm just wondering how much I should look to pay and where the best place to get one is. Thanks for any help.
  2. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    There are so many options, they can vary *widely* in price. I'd start with what options you're looking for (ie: single cut, neck attachment, number of strings, woods, etc).

Next, you'll want to keep in mind that what you're looking for might be a custom order, which most dealers are not as willing to discount as much as existing inventory.

There are a number of dealers, some of which include:
    Bass Northwest
    Bass Central
    Bass Palace
    Electric City Music
  3. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    I should mention that I'm going to be getting a used one. Not too many 17 year-olds have the bread for a new one. :meh:

I'm most likely going to be getting a 5 string bolt-on.
  4. Basscentral has a used one for $1450.00...pretty good price.

5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I'd love to have one of the New Jazz 5ers!!!

Check out the single-cut version!!! :hyper:

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings

Elricks are a flat-out steal on the used market IMO. You should be able to find something in the mid teens. I bought a Platinum Hybrid 5 recently for just under $1500.
  7. spots

Feb 7, 2004
    boston, MA
    whoah, you're 17 and your looking at an elrick? I couldn't dream of spending that much and I'm 17...
    J/ Curious, why elrick?
    Good luck on your bass hunt
  8. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    well i work full time at $10/hour (construction...hard labor), and there's nothing else to spend my money on so i figure why buy lesser bass when i'll end up with an elrick or similar in a year or less anyways.
  9. Matt, I like your thinking! Just go for it. You're lucky that you're going the Elrick route because, as has been said before, these basses are very undervalued on the used market---your hard-earned money is going to buy you a heck of a bass for the money---enjoy!