looking for 2x15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassboysam, Aug 19, 2004.

1. I am interested in getting a 2x15...i would love to go with an Eden but thats out of my price range. An old Sunn 215 would be great too, but i cant seem to find one. Does anyone know where i can get a nice 2x15? Is there anywhere that still has some of the Fender Pro 215 aka Sunn 215? I saw an old 70s ampeg 2x15 but it is only rated at 50 watts, im guessing it would not be too pleased if i plug my 200w traynor into it.

What do you think about this cab here?

here is the ampeg i was talking about

2. What is your price range? Highest possible.
  3. i guess $400-$600 canadian. would buying 2 1x15s have the same effect?
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

No way dude....I have played on that 215. Seriously!

I go that music shop alot to look at their old vintage gear. Very sweet cab, but it ain't the one for you if you are wanting to sound bright and cheerful.

As you can tell from the pic, it is pretty beat up. It looks slightly worse in person. No techincal issues that I could come up with when I played on it. Price is right as well. I think the shipping from Seattle may kill you though.

5. Who said anything about bright and cheerful? I play stonerrock, i beleive that's the complete opposite of bright and cheerful. Seriosly though, would you recommend that cab?
  6. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    It's worth it. If you could hold out. I have one and I run it by itself on my "Adult Contemporary" gig and it sounds SOOO GOOOOD. For my Rock gig I use a 210xlt or a 410xlt on top of it, depending on the gig size and it is scary how good it sounds.
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    No one did, I was just making a statement.

I would recommend it. I used a 215 for a couple years.

8. SO worth it.