Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for a 1/2 bass....

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Greywoulf, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Am looking for a 1/2 size bass... Can someone recommend a brand (for under $1K) that's fairly decent?

(And please, don't waste time and bandwidth recommending larger size basses here... That's not what this post is about, okay?)

Thanks,
    Greywoulf

2. To further the question about 1/2 size dbl basses, I've found a new Cremona 1/2 size on the web for $600 + $65 shipping...
    Is it any good?
    (Remember, It's not for any concert performances; it doesn't have to be great; it should just sound like a bass and be sturdy, that's all...)
    Any opinions?

Thanks,
    Greywoulf

3. Okay, re 1/2 basses; you've convinced me... No Cremona! I'll look at Strunal, Engelhardt, Shen, Christopher, as mentioned in the newbie faqs.

But what about Roma (Romanian) and Eberle (German)?
    Any opinions here? (Outside of from the cat on this list who is trying to sell me one of these?)

Thanks guys,
    (for the Cremona warning)
    Greywoulf d];>]}

4. With a little luck you should be able to find a Kay 1/2 in the $600-700 range. They are not nearly as popular as the 3/4.