1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for a 1/4 size bass neck to purchase

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by GretschWretch, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Boy, after what's been going on here recently I'm really leery of sticking my head above the parapet with this thread, but I have a curiosity I want to satisfy.

Ever since its product launch I have been intrigued by Toby Chennel's Arco Bass, an IMO superb but unicorn-rare instrument. I've scrutinized the pics for proportions and have a hunch that the AB very nearly replicates a 1/4 DB neck mated to a 4/4 cello body, but I cannot test my hypothesis.

4/4 cello bodies I have, and some unmated DB necks as well, but no 1/4 DB neck. Does anybody have or know of someone who has a 1/4 DB neck/fingerboard for sale at a not unreasonable price? Cosmetics are unimportant; playability is.

My "project" falls under the rubric of "is this thing do-able"?

Thanks in advance.

2. PauFerro

PauFerro

Jun 8, 2008
    United States
    I had written to @Mark Gollihur about getting some parts in the white wood a while ago. He was able to quote me on parts (more than just the neck) which he can source. I would check with him and see what he can provide. Hopefully you are OK with woodworking equipment and can do some work to make it fit.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017