1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for a 5 or 6 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jieshi, Jan 4, 2003.

1. jieshi

jieshi

Mar 26, 2002
    Hi ppl.
    i am looking for a five string or 6 .something which has a jazz body shape . but the string spacing must not be too big . maybe with 24 frets ? not jumbo frets . around the price of maybe lets say 1k ?? any recommendations . btw i have small hands.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Early ESP 5s have a pretty narrow string spacing and can be had used for about half your budget.

I know the Stuart Hamm Urge I had a 32" scale, but the number of strings is wrong.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Oh, and you could get Dave Pushic to build you a bass to your specs.

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Ibanez

*Dodges thrown cans and bottles"

No really, narrow spacing, just pop some new pickups and a pre amp in, and you would be well under price range, have a great bass, and killer tone.Soundgears have narrow string spaceing. and come in 5 and 6 strings.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

The Soundgear is a good recommendation for people with small hands.

The MTD Kingston 5 with its assymetrical neck is comfortable for people with small hands as well.

5. jieshi

jieshi

Mar 26, 2002
    but i am looking for something something with jbass shape :)..

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

The only bass that I can think of in your price range with a J shape is the Fender Jazz V. The Pedulla Rapture J2 is similar to a Jazz shape, but is out of your price range.