Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for a 5 or 6 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jieshi, Jan 4, 2003.

1. jieshi

jieshi

Mar 26, 2002
    Hi ppl.
    i am looking for a five string or 6 .something which has a jazz body shape . but the string spacing must not be too big . maybe with 24 frets ? not jumbo frets . around the price of maybe lets say 1k ?? any recommendations . btw i have small hands.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Early ESP 5s have a pretty narrow string spacing and can be had used for about half your budget.

I know the Stuart Hamm Urge I had a 32" scale, but the number of strings is wrong.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Oh, and you could get Dave Pushic to build you a bass to your specs.

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Ibanez

*Dodges thrown cans and bottles"

No really, narrow spacing, just pop some new pickups and a pre amp in, and you would be well under price range, have a great bass, and killer tone.Soundgears have narrow string spaceing. and come in 5 and 6 strings.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The Soundgear is a good recommendation for people with small hands.

The MTD Kingston 5 with its assymetrical neck is comfortable for people with small hands as well.

5. jieshi

jieshi

Mar 26, 2002
    but i am looking for something something with jbass shape :)..

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The only bass that I can think of in your price range with a J shape is the Fender Jazz V. The Pedulla Rapture J2 is similar to a Jazz shape, but is out of your price range.